Art Therapy: A List of Outcome Evidence So Far...
26 May 2016
The American Art Therapy Association Research Committee have kindly shared their revised and updated Art Therapy Outcome Bibliography.
(Photo: CCo, Upsplash)
The American Art Therapy Association Research Committee have kindly shared their revised and updated Art Therapy Outcome Bibliography - thanks for sharing AATA!
American Art Therapy Association Research Committee
Art Therapy Outcome Bibliography
Revised and Updated – May 25, 2015
We hope you will find this listing of art therapy outcome and single subject studies useful for purposes of research, grant writing, demonstrating support for your art therapy program, and as evidence of the effects of art therapy with various client populations. Listings are grouped primarily by client populations.
Links to the abstracts or articles are provided for some articles. The AATA Research Committee plans to update this listing annually. We welcome input from art therapists who become aware of studies that we may have missed. Please direct any corrections or additions to: email@example.com.
The bibliography covers the follow areas:
1. ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER (ADD) AND ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDER (ADHD)
2. AGING, ELDERLY, GERIATRIC
3. AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDER / ASPERGER’S
4. CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY / SUBSTANCE ABUSE
6. GRADUATE EDUCATION
7. GRIEF / BEREAVEMENT
8. INTELLECTUALLY DISABLED
10. NORMAL AND OUTPATIENT
11. POSTTRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER AND TRAUMA
12. PSYCHIATRIC AND INPATIENT RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT
13. SCHOOL / ACADEMIC
14. SEXUAL ABUSE / ABUSE
15. TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (TBI)
16. QUANTITATIVE STUDIES (BEGINNING 2004)
17. QUALITATIVE STUDIES
18. COMBINED RESEARCH METHODOLOGIES: QUANTITATIVE & QUALITATIVE
19. COMBINED CREATIVE OR EXPRESSIVE ARTS THERAPIES (BEGINNING 2006)
20. META-ANALYSES OF INTEREST (BEGINNING 2007)
21. RELATED RESEARCH ARTICLES
To read the bibliography please click here