Become an Associate Editor for the International Journal of Art Therapy (IJAT)
08 October 2020
IJAT is recruiting new Associate Editors to join the journal Board...
IJAT ASSOCIATE EDITOR – THREE YEAR TERM
The International Journal of Art Therapy (IJAT) is seeking to appoint additional Associate Editors to the journal Board. The journal is in an exciting period of transition as it seeks to establish itself as a credible scientific journal within the field of art therapy, able to stand alongside other international journals in terms of its ranking and breadth of readership.
The journal aims to be a source of high-quality Research Papers and Practice Papers that address and develop the contemporary field of art therapy.
In order to achieve the aim and objectives of the journal we require an IJAT Board which is fully reflective of the diversity of the research, theory and practice of art therapy as it currently exists internationally. We therefore seek to enhance the diversity of research, practice and backgrounds within the Associate Editors group.
It is the policy of BAAT to ensure that no applicant receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
BAAT is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
POST: IJAT Associate Editor
EXPENSES: Honorary position - travel expenses will be covered if travel is required
HOURS: Average of 1- 2 days per month plus 4-6 online Board meetings per year
DEADLINE: 9am, Monday 23rd November 2020
INTERVIEW: Monday 30th November 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Main responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the Editors-in-Chief to facilitate the smooth operation of the journal
• Working with the Editors-in-Chief and other Associate Editors to develop the strategic work of the journal
• Collating peer reviewers’ responses to submitted papers, making judgements as to the quality of those reviews, filling the gaps in reviews where necessary, then selecting the appropriate response that goes to the original author.
• Being an ambassador and a critical friend of the journal within appropriate forums
• Contributing to the dissemination of the journal’s publications through different social media activities
• Acting as a mentor to new peer reviewers and new authors to help them understand the processes of journal submission, and supporting them as they work towards reviewing/submission
• Liaising with regional BAAT groups and SIGs to ensure that there is a good understanding of the journals processes within the wider UK art therapy profession
• Contributing to the disseminate of IJAT publications via social media
• Expertise in research methodology including quantitative research methods, qualitative methods, mixed methods, arts-based methods, intervention development and evaluation, or other specialist areas of research methodology
• Experience of practicing art therapy or research in a related field – including clinical, community, or education-based
• A track record of peer reviewed publication
• Significant experience as a peer reviewer
• Competence in using social media to disseminate publications
• Previous experience as an Editor
• Previous experience as a journal Associate Editor or Board Member
For an application form or to discuss the role informally please email IJAT Co-Editor-in-Chief, Alex McDonald on email@example.com. Please do not phone the BAAT office directly.